Adirondacks Music banner

My Live Music wallpaper

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Flipside & Wayne Stock 5 Music Festival 8-4-12

The annual free outdoor music festival Wayne Stock 5 was held Aug. 4, 2012, and while I was set to film the entire event, I ended up getting heat stroke within 45 minutes in the 90+ degree heat with equal humidity, so ended up only getting nearly the full set of the band Flipside. I filmed a total of 5 videos including 4 song videos and one 15 minute long tripod mount with 3 long songs. I was not the only one to succumb to the heat, am not sure how the many many volunteers, bands and staff lasted through the full event, and I'm very disappointed with myself for having missed the later bands, especially Cosmic Jackson who had originally gotten me involved with the WS festival filming.


The event was a great success, with a Harley Davidson motorcycle raffle and many gorgeous guitars and other donated goods auctioned off, face painting and food vendors, all to benefit the North Country Hardship Fund, plus a snow making machine blowing icy mist up on the hill to cool everyone off (though in that heat after a total drenching I was dry within seconds!), so many people working very hard to make sure a good time was had by all. 


The rain and storms forecasted turned out to be hot air, literally, though all were prepared for the worst, and cloud cover did come in about 6pm, nothing came of it, to the dismay of those hoping for a soaking to cool off. 


I want to thank Chris Schemp of Cosmic Jackson for inviting me, and apologize for not being there to film their closing performance of this event. I arrived a bit before 3pm and was gone by 4:30pm, though I fought the heat stroke for 45 minutes, I eventually was forced to leave to save my life, and it took more than 12 hours to cool my hyperthermia back within normal temps, to stop getting sick and shivering. I'm sure I'm not the only one treating a serious sunburn today either, dumb of me not to have brought sunblock. I was more worried about bug spray, and ironically was never bothered by our famous black flies. 


I also want to thank my ex-husband Stephen Cipolla who volunteered as my gofer, for I would have never been able to drive myself home and was grateful he'd driven us to the show. We cooled off a bit at Panther Mountain Inn on the way home, where I bought us both dinner to go for later (I was way too ill to eat then, or to cook later), and then I was down for the count.  


I had planned to attempt live streaming of the event via youtube and a google hangout, but one thing I completely forgot, there was no internet other than a very limited wifi that did not reach the stage area where I needed to be to capture it via webcam on my laptop. So that was a brain fart, not sure how to meet that challenge next year, which I hope to attend and that nature will have mercy on us heat-wise (as this was an unusual weather situation for our area). To all those who made it through the event, and who donated time, goods, labor and more, I offer a million kudos and thanks.


Gina Jordan


Flipside here performing their 1st song of the set, followed by the other 5 videos of their show (the latter being added tomorrow once finished uploading). 


















Flipside performing live at Wayne Stock 5, Aug. 4, 2012 in North Creek, NY, an annual free music festival benefit for the North Country Hardship Fund with more than 7 live bands, auctions & raffles (a Harley this year), face painting, food vendors, a snow blowing machine to help cool off and much more. For more info on the event and Flipside, see below links.


http://www.northcountryhardshipfund.org/waynestock.html
On FB at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/nchfi/


To book Flipside contact through FB at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flipside/105373119550790


Video filmed, edited & uploaded by Gina Jordan. All rights reserved to respective artists and myself, Aug. 4-5, 2012.


Photos from the show:










No comments:

Post a Comment