Adirondacks Music banner

My Live Music wallpaper

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 4th 2013 Weekend Car Show, Fireworks & Bands

July 4th 2013 Weekend Car Show, Bands & Fireworks Festival 

[All Photography by Gina Jordan, all rights reserved.]

This July 4th was an incredibly busy week in my area, with many free events held in Chestertown & North Creek, NY as well as surrounding towns. I attended, photographed & filmed the Car & Bike Show Friday plus the live band Cosmic Jackson the same evening at Panther Mountain Inn, Chestertown, NY; then the North Creek, NY fireworks & music festival, Ski Bowl Park at Gore Mountain where live music played all afternoon through after the 24-minute fireworks. 

Some of the bands & events I covered included the Car & Bike show, Decadence, Cosmic Jackson, MTV Band, plus many more I didn't film. The videos are linked & shown at the bottom of this post.

The Car & Bike entries were nearly all new-to-me (& the show/area) vehicles including a 1937 Chevy Coupe, A Ural Wolf and Harley Davidson Trike. [See album link below].

[1937 Chevy Coupe winner at car show 7-5-13]

Car & Bike Show Photo Album on Flickr:


[Fireworks image I captured 7-6-13]


I decided not to upload the 24 minute long fireworks video this year, having chosen a boggy field (after dark so I couldn't see where I was laying down, lol) to lay my blanket in, I was covered in dozens of mosquitos, and could not hold still. So I gave up photographing well before the finale, sad to say. Next time, I need to bathe in bug spray first, and watch where I put my blanket, as laying right under the fireworks was not a good perspective for filming, not to mention getting covered with flaming ashes! I laugh at my screw ups, so you can too. 


[Sunset in North Creek, NY 7-6-13]

For all the photos from the Festival fireworks & bands
see my Flickr album at:

  
One of the great features at North Creek Ski Bowl was the snowmaking machine that ran all day into the night, keeping everyone more than comfy with an icy mist. As a result, that night was one of the coolest in weeks in this area, at least in the Ski Bowl. I feel sorry for the rest of the region without such relief available. See the panorama video below for the snowmaker in action on the slope.

[MTV Band covering Some Kind of Wonderful, with panorama view of the crowd]

Cosmic Jackson, one of my top favorite local bands, performed Friday night from 9p to 1a at Panther Mountain Inn's pub, Chestertown, NY. A jam band that often plays 7+ minute long songs, mostly classic rock & blues, I'm often mesmerized by Chris Schempp on the lead guitar. I only uploaded 2 videos from their show that night, and one from their festival performance the following evening after the fireworks. 

For Cosmic Jackson band info, see http://www.cosmicjackson.com/home.html

For Decadence Band Info, see http://www.reverbnation.com/decadencemusic1

Panther Mountain Inn provides free live music every Friday night in the pub (for adults of course) and free car show events monthly (family friendly!), so come on up and join the fun.

[Cosmic Jackson performing Black Sabbath's War Pigs at Panther Mountain Inn Fri. 7-5-13]


[Playlist of videos from North Creek, NY festival 7-6-13]

[Decadence performing at North Creek NY festival 7-6-13]


This coming Weds. July 10, 2013 I'll be filming the downtown music festival here in Chestertown, NY as well, with 2 free live bands from 4-8:30p, Flipside & The Master Cylinders, all are welcome to come and enjoy the evening at this family friendly event.

And last, a video of me enjoying myself Friday night doing shots with "dirty" names, lol. Thanks Cheryl & Willie ;-)



Photography, videos and post by Gina Jordan, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment